Here is a handy 6 month checklist that will keep you on track come reno time!
3 TO 6 MONTHS BEFORE:
Find Inspiration - pull images of your dream kitchen and create a binder or boards on Pinterest or Houzz.
Take stock - what do you love or hate about your kitchen now?
Make a budget - Kitchen renovations can be as simple as a facelift, but even just changing appliances requires an electrician and plumber. Plan every foreseeable cost in advance to avoid overspending mid renovation.
Hire the team - select a designer, cabinet company and contractor that will work together as a cohesive team and understand your style and budget limitations.
3 TO 6 WEEKS BEFORE:
Make decisions - select the style, palette, appliances and fixtures in advance to leave time for substitutions if needed. Budget and availability often means that changes are needed.
Call it Done - settle on a layout, down to the smallest details like drawer inserts and lighting.
Pack it up - Pack up your existing kitchen items and store them. Don’t leave anything behind that might slow down the crew. Time is money!
Stick to the plan - There will be a lot of questions. No matter how much preplanning was done, things come up. If you’ve properly planned in advance feel confident in the choices and stick to the original plan. Changes part way through cost time and money.
- Mar 23, 2019 Cookie Monster finds 'Forever Home' Mar 23, 2019
- Jan 27, 2019 Five Common Decorating Mistakes Jan 27, 2019
- Jun 10, 2018 Timeless Kitchen Trends Jun 10, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 How to think like an Interior Designer Jan 19, 2018
- May 1, 2017 Tips for Choosing Interior Paint May 1, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 How to Hire an Interior Designer Apr 3, 2017
- Mar 1, 2017 Organizing Your Home Mar 1, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 How to Accessorize Like a PRO Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 Renovation Planning Checklist Jan 4, 2017