You finally finished decorating your dining room, but that empty side board or console table is haunting you. Sound familiar? Accessories, or lack of, can make or break a room. Here are a few tips to trick out your tabletops in style!
1. Three is the Magic Number. When styling accessories you always want to arrange items in groups of three or in odd numbers. This prevents an arrangement from looking too static.
2. Similar Items, Different Sizes. Find a common thread in the items you are combining, such as color, metal finish, or shape, and mix together various sizes. The goal is to engage the eye with variation and movement while keeping a harmonious feel.
3. Books are Your Best Friend. A stack of books is a surefire way to help fill up a large table or surface. A few guidelines:
• Always use hardback books
• Take the jackets off (90% of the time the actual book looks better than the jacket)
• Group like colors together (no rainbow book piles)
• Place an interesting object on top for a finished look
- Mar 23, 2019 Cookie Monster finds 'Forever Home' Mar 23, 2019
- Jan 27, 2019 Five Common Decorating Mistakes Jan 27, 2019
- Jun 10, 2018 Timeless Kitchen Trends Jun 10, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 How to think like an Interior Designer Jan 19, 2018
- May 1, 2017 Tips for Choosing Interior Paint May 1, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 How to Hire an Interior Designer Apr 3, 2017
- Mar 1, 2017 Organizing Your Home Mar 1, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 How to Accessorize Like a PRO Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 Renovation Planning Checklist Jan 4, 2017