Some trends are timeless. Here are a few kitchen trends that will stand the test of time.
Quartz countertops require less upkeep than their granite counterparts and the surface is less dominant than other materials, so you're unlikely to grow tired of it.
Open Concept Kitchens
Open layouts are here to stay. Driving this trend is a desire for less formal dining and cooking. Open kitchens encourage interaction while entertaining with their blend of living spaces.
There are many reasons to love induction cooking. Because induction burners utilize little heat, even cramped kitchens stay cool while cooking and surfaces remain safe to touch. Induction cooktops also eliminate the need for large range hoods.
Thanks to technology, LED lighting is no longer chilly and unfriendly looking. Use LEDs to illuminate a toe-kick, the workspace beneath cabinetry, or perk up an island. New LED lights are more efficient and last longer than other types of bulbs.
Integrate your appliances into your kitchen with clever paneling and built-ins. Appliances can now stand alone as a stylish statement or quietly recede into surrounding cabinetry.
Hardwood and Wood-look Floors
Hardwood floors adapt to any style and flawlessly unites rooms in an open floor plan. Porcelain planks that look like wood provide the same inviting style but are easier to maintain.
Extra deep single bowl sinks contain splashes and accommodate large pots and pans or other items that require handwashing.
Stainless steel continues to be the number one choice for appliances. The enduring neutral color can easily be integrated into any kitchen style.
When keeping an open concept kitchen layout, single-level islands allow light to seamlessly stream through the space. Not only do counter-height islands increase the intimacy of a kitchen, they also expand prep space.
- Mar 23, 2019 Cookie Monster finds Forever Home Mar 23, 2019
- Jan 27, 2019 Five Common Decorating Mistakes Jan 27, 2019
- Jun 10, 2018 Timeless Kitchen Trends Jun 10, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 How to think like an Interior Designer Jan 19, 2018
- May 1, 2017 Tips for Choosing Interior Paint May 1, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 How to Hire an Interior Designer Apr 3, 2017
- Mar 1, 2017 Organizing Your Home Mar 1, 2017
- Feb 1, 2017 How to Accessorize Like a PRO Feb 1, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 Renovation Planning Checklist Jan 4, 2017